Terms of service
Terms & Conditions
Last Updated: March 30, 2021
Virtual Assets, LLC d/b/a Crypto Dispensers is a cryptocurrency business that connects customers with a network of providers to exchange U.S. dollar-denominated fiat currency for various cryptocurrencies via a multistate network of unidirectional kiosks, an over the counter (OTC) platform, the acceptance of incoming domestic wire transfers, most major credit cards, and other electronic traditional payment rails. The kiosks exchange customer U.S. dollar-denominated cash for cryptocurrency. Conversely, the kiosks do not accept customer cryptocurrency for U.S. dollar- denominated cash. Virtual Assets currently supports bitcoin- (BTC), Ether- (ETH), and Litecoin- (LTC) denominated cryptocurrencies across its suite of services. In addition to its kiosk network, Virtual Assets facilitates remote exchanges of customer fiat for cryptocurrency via its OTC platform, which is made available to the institution’s established network of clients on an invitational basis. Accepted fiat payment methods include Zelle, an electronic money transfer platform linked to consumer bank accounts at participating deposit financial institutions, domestic bank wire transfer, and major credit cards.
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE SITE.
1. Electronic Fund Transfers (“EFTs”) and Account Balances
2. Ownership; Restrictions
1. You acknowledge and agree that, unless otherwise stated, we (or, as applicable, our licensors) own all legal right, title and interest in and to all elements of the website, and all intellectual property rights therein. The visual interfaces, graphics (including, without limitation, all art and drawings associated with the), design, systems, methods, information, computer code, software, services, “look and feel”, organization, compilation of the content, code, data, and all other elements of the website (collectively, the “Content”) are owned by Virtual Assets, LLC, and are protected by copyright, trade dress, patent, and trademark laws, international conventions, other relevant intellectual property and proprietary rights, and applicable laws. The Content is the copyrighted property of Virtual Assets or its licensors, and all trademarks, service marks, and trade names contained in the Content are proprietary to Virtual Assets or its licensors. Except as expressly set forth herein, your use of the website does not grant you ownership of or any other rights with respect to any content, code, data, or other materials that you may access on or through the website. We reserve all rights in and to the content not expressly granted to you in the Terms. For the sake of clarity, you understand and agree: (i) that your use of the website does not give you any rights or licenses in or to the Content (including, without limitation, our copyright in and to the art and drawings associated with the tokens) and (ii) that you do not have the right to reproduce, distribute, or otherwise commercialize any elements of the content (including, without limitation, our copyright in and to the art and drawings) in any way without our prior written consent in each case, which consent we may withhold in our sole and absolute discretion.
2. You agree that you are responsible for your own conduct while accessing or using the website, and for any consequences thereof. You agree to use the website only for purposes that are legal, proper and in accordance with these Terms and any applicable laws or regulations. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you may not, and may not allow any third party to: (i) send, upload, distribute or disseminate any unlawful, defamatory, harassing, abusive, fraudulent, obscene, or otherwise objectionable content; (ii) distribute viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses, corrupted files, hoaxes, or any other items of a destructive or deceptive nature; (iii) impersonate another person (via the use of an email address or otherwise); (iv) upload, post, transmit or otherwise make available through the website any content that infringes the intellectual proprietary rights of any party; (v) use the website to violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others; (vi) engage in, promote, or encourage illegal activity (including, without limitation, money laundering); (vii) interfere with other users’ enjoyment of the website; (viii) exploit the website for any unauthorized commercial purpose; (ix) modify, adapt, translate, or reverse engineer any portion of the website; (x) remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on the website or any part of it; (xi) reformat or frame any portion of the website; (xii) display any content on the website that contains any hate-related or violent content or contains any other material, products or services that violate or encourage conduct that would violate any criminal laws, any other applicable laws, or any third party rights; (xiii) use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other device to retrieve or index any portion of the website or the content posted on the website, or to collect information about its users for any unauthorized purpose; (xiv) create user accounts by automated means or under false or fraudulent pretenses; or (xv) access or use the website for the purpose of creating a product or service that is competitive with any of our products or services.
You may terminate these Terms at any time by canceling your account on the website and discontinuing your access to and use of the website. You will not receive any refunds if you cancel your account, or otherwise terminate these Terms. You agree that we, in our sole discretion and for any or no reason, may terminate these Terms and suspend and/or terminate your account(s) for the website. You agree that any suspension or termination of your access to the website may be without prior notice, and that we will not be liable to you or to any third party for any such suspension or termination. If we terminate these Terms or suspend or terminate your access to or use of the website due to your breach of these Terms or any suspected fraudulent, abusive, or illegal activity, then termination of these Terms will be in addition to any other remedies we may have at law or in equity. Upon any termination or expiration of these Terms, whether by you or us, you may no longer have access to information that you have posted on the website or that is related to your account, and you acknowledge that we will have no obligation to maintain any such information in our databases or to forward any such information to you or to any third party.
1. YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK, AND THAT THE WEBSITE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, WE, OUR SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AND LICENSORS MAKE NO EXPRESS WARRANTIES AND HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES REGARDING THE WEBSITE AND ANY PART OF IT (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE SITE, OR ANY EXTERNAL WEBSITES), INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, OR RELIABILITY. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, WE, OUR SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AND LICENSORS DO NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT TO YOU THAT: (I) YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE WEBSITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (II) YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR FREE FROM ERROR, (III) USAGE DATA PROVIDED THROUGH THE WEBITE WILL BE ACCURATE, (III) THE WEBSITE OR ANY CONTENT, SERVICES, OR FEATURES MADE AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE WEBSITE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, OR (IV) THAT ANY DATA THAT YOU DISCLOSE WHEN YOU USE THE WEBSITE WILL BE SECURE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES IN CONTRACTS WITH CONSUMERS, SO SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
2. YOU ACCEPT THE INHERENT SECURITY RISKS OF PROVIDING INFORMATION AND DEALING ONLINE OVER THE INTERNET, AND AGREE THAT WE HAVE NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY BREACH OF SECURITY UNLESS IT IS DUE TO OUR GROSS NEGLIGENCE.
3. WE WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSSES YOU INCUR AS THE RESULT OF YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY LOSSES, DAMAGES OR CLAIMS ARISING FROM: (A) USER ERROR, SUCH AS FORGOTTEN PASSWORDS OR OTHER TRANSACTIONS; (B) SERVER FAILURE OR DATA LOSS; (C) CORRUPTED WALLET FILES; (D) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS OR ACTIVITIES BY THIRD PARTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE USE OF VIRUSES, PHISHING, BRUTEFORCING OR OTHER MEANS OF ATTACK AGAINST THE WEBSITE OR AN ELECTRONIC WALLET.
5. Limitation of Liability
1. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT WE, OUR SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AND LICENSORS WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR TO ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES WHICH YOU MAY INCUR, HOWSOEVER CAUSED AND UNDER ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY LOSS OF PROFITS (WHETHER INCURRED DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY), LOSS OF GOODWILL OR BUSINESS REPUTATION, LOSS OF DATA, COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, OR ANY OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSS, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
3. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT WE HAVE MADE THE WEBITE AVAILABLE TO YOU AND ENTERED INTO THESE TERMS IN RELIANCE UPON THE WARRANTY DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SET FORTH HEREIN, WHICH REFLECT A REASONABLE AND FAIR ALLOCATION OF RISK BETWEEN THE PARTIES AND FORM AN ESSENTIAL BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN US. WE WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO PROVIDE ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE TO YOU WITHOUT THESE LIMITATIONS.
4. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, AND SOME JURISDICTIONS ALSO LIMIT DISCLAIMERS OR LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY FOR PERSONAL INJURY FROM CONSUMER PRODUCTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO PERSONAL INJURY CLAIMS.
6. Assumption of Risk
You accept and acknowledge each of the following:
1. You are solely responsible for determining what, if any, taxes apply to your asset-related transactions. Virtual Assets is not responsible for determining the taxes that apply to your transactions on the website.
2. There are risks associated with using an digital asset, including, but not limited to, the risk of hardware, software and Internet connections, the risk of malicious software introduction, and the risk that third parties may obtain unauthorized access to information stored within your wallet. You accept and acknowledge that Virtual Assets will not be responsible for any communication failures, disruptions, errors, distortions or delays you may experience, however caused.
3. The regulatory regime governing blockchain technologies, cryptocurrencies, and tokens is uncertain, and new regulations or policies may materially adversely affect the development of the cryptocurrency ecosystem, and therefore the potential utility or value of digital assets.
8. Export Control
The supply of goods, services and software through the Website is subject to United States export control and economic sanctions requirements. By acquiring any such items through the Website, you represent and warrant that your acquisition comports with and your use of the item will comport with those requirements. Without limiting the foregoing, you may not acquire goods, services or software through the Website if: (1) you are in, under the control of, or a national or resident of Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan or Syria or if you are on the U.S. Treasury Department's Specially Designated Nationals List or the U.S. Commerce Department's Denied Persons List, Unverified List or Entity List or (2) you intend to supply the acquired goods, services or software to Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan or Syria (or a national or resident of one of these countries) or to a person on the Specially Designated Nationals List, Denied Persons List, Unverified List, or Entity List.
9. External Sites
The website may include hyperlinks to other web sites or resources (collectively, “External Sites”), which are provided solely as a convenience to our users. We have no control over any External Sites. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the availability of any External Sites, and that we do not endorse any advertising, products or other materials on or made available from any External Sites. Furthermore, you acknowledge and agree that we are not liable for any loss or damage which may be incurred as a result of the availability or unavailability of the External Sites, or as a result of any reliance placed by you upon the completeness, accuracy or existence of any advertising, products or other materials on, or made available from, any External Sites.
10. Changes to the Website
You affirm that you are over the age of 13, as the website is not intended for children under 13. IF YOU ARE 13 OR OLDER BUT UNDER THE AGE OF 18, OR THE LEGAL AGE OF MAJORITY WHERE YOU RESIDE IF THAT JURISDICTION HAS AN OLDER AGE OF MAJORITY, THEN YOU AGREE TO REVIEW THESE TERMS WITH YOUR PARENT OR GUARDIAN TO MAKE SURE THAT BOTH YOU AND YOUR PARENT OR GUARDIAN UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO THESE TERMS. YOU AGREE TO HAVE YOUR PARENT OR GUARDIAN REVIEW AND ACCEPT THESE TERMS ON YOUR BEHALF. IF YOU ARE A PARENT OR GUARDIAN AGREEING TO THE TERMS FOR THE BENEFIT OF A CHILD OVER 13, THEN YOU AGREE TO AND ACCEPT FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THAT CHILD’S USE OF THE WEBSITE, INCLUDING ALL FINANCIAL CHARGES AND LEGAL LIABILITY THAT HE OR SHE MAY INCUR.
13. Dispute Resolution
14. Waiver and Severability
15. Content Standards
These content standards apply to any and all contributions and use by you to the website. Your use and contributions must in their entirety comply with all applicable federal, state, local, and international laws and regulations. Without limiting the foregoing, You must not:
• Provide any material that is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory, or otherwise objectionable.
• Promote sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence, or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age.
• Infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other intellectual property or other rights of any other person.
• Be likely to deceive any person.
• Promote any illegal activity, or advocate, promote, or assist any unlawful act.
• Impersonate any person or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organization.
• Involve commercial activities or sales, such as contests, sweepstakes, and other sales promotions, barter, or advertising.
• Give the impression that they emanate from or are endorsed by us or any other person or entity, if this is not the case.
16. Not an Investment Company
The Company has not been registered as an “investment company” under the Investment Company Act of 1940, as amended or under equivalent laws of any other jurisdiction.
You agree you will not disparage or criticize the Company or its Affiliates, or their respective businesses, management, directors, business practices, or equity holders (the “Company Entities”) and that you will not otherwise do or say anything that could disrupt the good morale, or otherwise harm the interests or reputations, of the Company Entities and we agree we will not publicly disparage or criticize you.
Due to the irrevocable nature of the blockchain, and our lack of control over user assets, we are unable to offer refunds on any purchases.
These Terms constitute the entire legal agreement between you and Virtual Assets, govern your access to and use of the website, and completely replace any prior or contemporaneous agreements between the parties related to your access to or use of the website, whether oral or written. There are no third-party beneficiaries to these Terms. The parties are independent contractors, and nothing in these Terms create any agency, partnership, or joint venture. The language in these Terms will be interpreted as to its fair meaning, and not strictly for or against any party. You may not assign any or your rights or obligations under these Terms, whether by operation of law or otherwise, without our prior written consent. We may assign our rights and obligations under these Terms in our sole discretion to an affiliate, or in connection with an acquisition, sale or merger. Should any part of these Terms be held invalid or unenforceable, that portion shall be construed consistent with applicable law and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. Our failure to enforce any provision of these Terms will not be deemed a waiver of such provision, nor of the right to enforce such provision. These Terms will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Illinois, and the federal laws of the United States of America applicable therein, excluding its conflicts of law rules and principles. We will not be liable for any failure or delayed performance of our obligations that result from any condition beyond our reasonable control, including, but not limited to, governmental action, acts of terrorism, earthquake, fire, flood, acts of God, labor conditions, power failures, Internet disturbances, or acts or omissions of third parties. You agree that we may provide you with notices (including, without limitation those regarding changes to these Terms) by email, regular mail, or postings on the website. By providing us with your email address, you consent to our using the email address to send you any notices required by law in lieu of communication by postal mail.